Week of 03/31/2017
Vist us at
No School Next Week
4 月 7 日適逢 Spring Break 長周末，學校停課 1 次。
Spring Break: No School April 7
Room Parent Meeting This Friday
We will have room parent meeting to go over the return student registration packets this Friday at 7PM in Room 404. All Room parents please attend.
School year 2017/2018 Registration
Registration packet will be sent home with your kid this Friday night. Registration for current students and siblings will be held on 4/14 and 4/21.
Open enrollment for new students in all grades, will be held on 4/28 and 5/12. If your friends or relatives are interested to enroll in BVCS in the fall, please forward our school's
registration information site to them.
***Two New Enrichment Classes for school year 2017-2018***
1. 說故事學中文 Learning Chinese Through Stories
適合三年級以上的學生/ Suitable for students above 3rd grade
This class aims at engaging students' interest in listening and speaking Chinese by means of storytelling. Based on the storyline, the teacher would instruct students to use a piece of paper to make a pop-up picture booklet, and to practice using the core vocabulary that made up the story in their design. At the end, students are encouraged to use their creativity and imagination to tell the story in their own booklets.
2. 兒童文化體驗課Cultural Kaleidoscope for Children
Lasting for the entire academic year, is divided into 4 series of classes: Nursery Rhymes, Chinese Calligraphy & Painting, Tai Chi, and Chinese Crafts Making
No Chinese language skill prerequisite. By means of active participation and hands-on activities, this Cultural Kaleidoscope course, taught by local experts, provides a window into some of the many facets of Chinese cultural traditions, as well as the charm of Chinese language. Nursery rhymes sing-along offers an entertaining and effortless way to develop students' vocabulary. The fundamental techniques associated with Chinese calligraphy and ink-wash painting open up to students the ancient Chinese art forms. The amazingly fluid motions of Tai Chi introduce students to the Chinese concepts of balancing the yin and the yang. Chinese crafts are the part and parcels of Chinese livelihood. Making Chinese crafts such as lanterns, Chinese knots, and paper cutting connect students to the world of Chinese aesthetic beauty. In short, our teachers are holding your children's hands to explore and appreciate the most celebrated aspects of Chinese culture through a myriad of fun activities.
Special Class from Museum of San Ramon Valley last Friday, March 24
Thanks to Vivienne Wong, a docent from Museum of San Ramon Valley who talked to the students about the lives of early settlers in San Ramon Valley.
Campus Patrol Duty List ─ 03/31/2017 (week 25)
||YANG AMY LIN
* Only one of the two parents needs to be on duty.
Greetings to all families and friends of Bay Valley Chinese School (BVCS)
To honor our 15 years in the past, and to inspire the next 15 years ahead, BVCS will be holding a carnival on Friday, May 26, 2017 from 6:30 to 8:30 pm. This is going to be a community event that opens to all friends and families, drawing several hundred attendees. Our celebration will include entertainment on stage, exhibition booths in the multi-purpose room, food and game booths in the courtyard. Not only do we look forward to your joining us, but also we hope you would partner with us to promote our school pride in any of the following ways:
- You or your business/company can reserve a free booth, whereby you will have the opportunity to interface with attendees, personally pass out promotional materials, and gain community exposure. For booth reservation details, please go to our website, download the "Carnival Booth Application Form and Waiver", and email the completed form and signed waiver to Cecilia Mok by April 30, 2017 to secure your space.
- You or your business/company can donate food, prizes or gift certificates, which will be used at our food booths, or as giveaways at our game booths. To express our appreciation, logos of all donors will be posted on our website. Please send your donated items to Room 100, and indicate items' retail value or fair market value and we will issue a gift-acknowledgement letter, which could be used for tax-deduction. We are also available to pick up your donated items. To make arrangements, please contact Cecilia Mok.
(週五 6:30pm - 8:30 pm) 。師生家長齊心協力，帶出灣谷溫情共創美好未來。屆時校園將會開放給所有社區朋友
學校的十五周年網頁會列出所有捐贈者大名或公司的商標，以表感謝。捐贈物資可送到學校辦公室 (100 號教室)，或電郵通知Cecilia Mok
Check out the BVCS photo album!